"With Ruby Blast, we strived to take the familiar experience of a match 3 puzzle game and bring it to a whole new level of social and fun," said
As players follow Ruby to the depths of the mine, they will encounter a variety of gems, power-ups, obstacles and explosives. In each round, players have 40 seconds to dig into a cavernous mine by matching three or more gems at a time. By digging down, players progress in the game toward checkpoints, adding more time to the clock and uncovering treasures and a few surprises. In Ruby Blast, players unearth features such as:
- Weekly Tournaments: Dig deep to compete with friends for high scores and prizes; send friends energy and gifts to help them along the way.
- Friend Gems: Facebook friends appear on a player's game board to dig up special gems and drill through layers of rock.
- Multi-Player: Coming later this year, players on Zynga.com will be able to challenge friends in a head-to-head race.
- Nova Flare: Instantly destroys a row and column of gems and dirt
- Star fall: Blazing meteors destroy three columns of gems and dirt
- Cherry Bomb: Blast downward in a triple explosion
- Shuffle Magic: Rearranges board into big blocks of color for easy matching
- Rubies: Help players level up and progress through the game
- Super Rubies: Discover rare, giant rubies that lurk in each mine; each are worth multiple normal rubies
- Emeralds and Sapphires: Collect rare gems from mines to fuel exclusive power-ups
- Bomb Gems Help players blast away rocks and other obstacles.
Ruby Blast is the first game from both Zynga China and Zynga Seattle. It also marks the first international cross-collaboration for a game at launch.
Ruby Blast is available in 15 languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Norwegian, Thai, Swedish, Danish, Japanese and Dutch.
Game logo and images can be found here: https://zynga.box.com/s/7193a02c0103aef1cde0
To view the Ruby Blast trailer, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2J873YdzF0&feature=youtu.be
This press release contains forward-looking statements relating to, among other things, our launch of Ruby Blast, upcoming features for the game, and the success of our games generally. Our actual results could differ materially from those predicted or implied. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, changing interests of players, competition, our ability to launch new games in a timely manner and monetize these games, intellectual property disputes or other litigation, and changes in our corporate strategy or the Facebook platform.
More information about factors that could affect our operating results is included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" in our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the three months ended March 31, 2012 and Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, copies of which may be obtained by visiting our Investor Relations web site at http://investor.zynga.com or the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements in this release, which are based on information available to us on the date hereof. We assume no obligation to update such statements.
Bryan Pope, Press@zynga.com
News Provided by Acquire Media